Our fees to assist with transfer of shares is HKD1,500 per transfer + government stamp duty of HKD 5 + 0.2% of the amount of consideration or the value of shares, whichever is higher.
To determine the stamp duty, the following information is required:
- Number of shares and how many transferor(s) and transferee(s) are involved.
- Consideration for the transfer of shares (i.e. are shares being sold/purchased at $X), if any.
- Provide a recently issued audit report/or management accounts (Profits &Loss and Balance Sheet) of the Company. If you have not prepared management accounts for the company yet, note below:
- You have commenced business: You must prepare the management accounts. Shall you need our assistance with this, you can fill in our questionnaire to request a quote for our accounting service.
- You have never commenced business: Estimate of minimum stamp duty can be made based on total number of shares and share capital in the company and number of shares being transferred.
Document wise a transfer of shares can be organized with the details of the transferee (certified true copy of ID / Passport or Certificate of incorporation and address proof) and one of the following:
- For companies under 18 months old: Management accounts covering period up to the last 3 months.
- For companies over 18 months old:
- Audit issued within the last 6 months OR
- Audit over 6 months old + management accounts covering period up to the last 3 months.
- For companies that have never commenced any business , regardless of age:
- Letter declaring no business has commenced hence no audited accounts or management accounts have been prepared since incorporation, duly signed by a director.
Transfer of shares can be effected within 4-5 working days from the date original signed documents are received and filed at the IRD.